Call us now


Before embarking on a backpackers trip it is important to get the relevant vaccines. There may be a number of jabs that you need before going away and these will depend on where in the world you are going. You must consult your doctor or practice nurse for current immunisation requirements since these may change from time to time. Below is a list of some jabs that you may need:

It is advisable to see your doctor/practice nurse at least 2 months before going away on a gap year trip. This is because some innoculations take time to absorb in to your system and others will require a booster. Recommendations regarding immunisation jabs can change and so what a friend had last year may not be the case this year.

Ensure you keep a record of your jabs, especially your yellow fever certificate, as some countries insist on seeing this before they let you in.

A — Z Illnesses